This how-to will walk you through the necessary steps to login with an SSH private key to your template VM.
Please follow steps outlined in this article Sovlabs Puppet Agent: Sovlabs Puppet Agent Configuration: How-To - Use SSH keys with Provider Node Credentials where we pickup from Step 4.
Step 1 Create and Copy Private Key to remote VM
- Copy private key to new file called centos7template01.txt
- Type ls to verify file is there
- Copy file to remote VM
- Type yes to connect and transfer file
- SSH into remote VM (Cent7-07)
- Type ls to confirm file copied successfully
- Set permission to 600 using: chmod 600 centos7template01.txt
Step 2 SSH from Remote VM to template VM
- Use Private Key to SSH: ssh -i centos7template01.txt firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type yes to connect
- Successfully connected!